Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Craving Casio @ The Nerd Watch Museum

Casio Databank DBC-610G-1DF


Casio Telememo Databank DB310-GA


I've always had a soft spot for Casio digital watches, cheap and high tech (back when I was a kid) my calculator watch got me out of some tough binds in grade school, although it probably delayed me from memorizing my multiplication tables till college. Whatever, that's why they invented these things to begin with.

Plus it was fun showing my friends and church-mates how to spell BOOBS on a calculator (hint: 58008 and turn upside down)

Now as an adult I oscillate between retro/vintage timepieces from the 80's and exotic Swiss horological pieces that I probably can't afford. Recently I stumbled onto this cool site filled with awesome images and trivia of all types of digital watches.

I'm really digging these gold Casios right now since they appeal to both sides of my personality, the dorky retro geek and the luxe snob.

I'm also digging this badass Casio below from the movie Blue Thunder. I also have a soft spot for movies and tv shows built around a high-tech super vehicle but that's like a whole other topic completely.

Casio AA-85